Copyright Information


2006-2015. Copyright of photos, art and content is retained solely by the author of this blog. Please email for re-use permission.

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Getting Geared Up!

I've also been busy working on the upcoming exhibit at the Esther Bone Library for Nov/Dec. A friend of mine and fiber artist, Donna Barnitz and I will be exhibiting the work we both completed from our 2010 Artist in Residence experience at the Petrified Forest National Park. Both of us got to spend two weeks there and both of us were there at the same time and ended up sharing the same living quarters. Which was fantastic, as we both got to watch each other work. Donna was busy silk screening and pushing the limits as to how far and where she could go with it. She did a whole bunch of petroglyphs and gave me one of hers to 'play' with. I considered this more of a collaborative project.

Here's what she handed me:


And, here's what I ended up doing with it:


It was a fun journey to work with it. I am, for the most part done with this image. I might do a few more tweaks to it, but for the most part, my Petro Man is done!

Don't miss our presentation of our experience at the Petrified Forest National Park which will be held at the Esther Bone Library on Saturday, Nov. 5th at 10 a.m.