Copyright Information


2006-2015. Copyright of photos, art and content is retained solely by the author of this blog. Please email for re-use permission.

Friday, July 4, 2014

'Collaborative' Art Project With My Son's Art



When my son, John Scott, was about 4 years old, he used to draw a lot. He drew a couple of characters that were so unique, that I had to memorialize it by doing a rubber stamp carving of it. Fast forward 18 years later (he is now 22 years old) and I was thinking of a way to take that image and create a small piece of art out of it. I've been 'sitting' on the components of this piece all year-trying to figure out how to make it all come together, And then, it did. The words, 'hug me Dad' were from a coupon book that he made when he was 5 years old as a Christmas gift to us.




I hung it in the bathroom right where my husband can see it everyday while he's drying his hair, shaving or brushing his teeth.

I wonder how long it will take for him to notice this surprise?

"Hug Me Dad"
Mixed Media 4" x 4" on wood