Copyright Information


2006-2015. Copyright of photos, art and content is retained solely by the author of this blog. Please email for re-use permission.

Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Mexico Natural History Museum: On Being There

Being There: Photographers in Their Natural Habitat



I must admit I'm a little late on posting this. It's a submission to the New Mexico Natural History Museum call for photography. The exhibit opened a month ago and will be up all summer through the end of August.


We were supposed to take you to a place in NM that we love to do what we do-photograph nature. The catch was that we were to include ourselves in the photo.


I was laughing so much to myself when I was doing this; grateful that I was out in the middle of nowhere-a wilderness area in the four corners region of the state called, Ah Sli She Pah. Laughing because I was going back and forth to the camera to set off the timer and running into the picture frame hoping that I was placing myself well and then striking and holding a silly pose before the camera went off. I feel awkward posting this image since it contains all of me. Ugh! But, there you go. Goofy herself.


It was a juried show and I got one of three honorable mentions. I'm thrilled. I only submitted one photo! You could submit up to three I think.


To see all the other images in the show and the prospectus, click on this link here.