Copyright Information


2006-2015. Copyright of photos, art and content is retained solely by the author of this blog. Please email for re-use permission.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

"Color It Red"



An annual on line photography contest. Anything red. Nearly anything goes. The only parameters is that it be an image you took and that it had the color, red, in it.

This year there were 297 images submitted from 41 photographers around the world-from Finland to Albuquerque.

Initially, the organizers had planned on just exhibiting 26 images in the winner's on line gallery. But, it ended up being expanded to 40 images since the scoring was so close on many of them.

I, for one, am glad they did this! I did get an "honorable mention" in this contest.

Here's my image:

"My Love Is Like..."

At first, I wasn't going to enter...then, a little voice nudged me and I went looking through my image files for anything red. I was surprised at how many images I had that contained the color, red, in it and ended up having fun 'gathering' files to consider for submission. I even hesitated about submitting this one as a red rose seems so, 'oh-so-predicable'. But, it is an image I was fond of, so I thought, why not?

So, there you go. 

Honorable mention. I'll take it!

You can find out more about this contest, the winners and the gallery of images here.