Copyright Information


2006-2015. Copyright of photos, art and content is retained solely by the author of this blog. Please email for re-use permission.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

My Review of Illusions Floater Frames

Originally submitted at Jerry's Artarama Art Supplies

Creating the floating canvas effect is simpler than ever! With Illusions, creating the floating canvas effect has never been easier! Back in the 1970's, artists tried to create this floating effect by placing black tape around the edges of their paintings — but today you don't nee...


Floater Frames

By Molokai Girl from Rio Rancho New Mexico on 7/30/2011

 

5out of 5

Pros: Good value for quality, Versatile

Cons: Great value

Best Uses: Artwork presentation, Wall

Describe Yourself: Semi-pro Photographer

Was this a gift?: No

As a multiple medium artist, I use the Ampersand boards quite a bit. I particularly love the 1/8" ones, but presenting them as a final product where it would look good was a challenge. I love these floater frames as it gives me the ease and ability to present my work in a professional manner with very little effort and keeping my costs down. Perfect for my encaustic works, mixed media and acrylic works.
I only wish they came in more ready made sizes that corresponded to the Ampersand line.

(legalese)