Copyright Information


2006-2015. Copyright of photos, art and content is retained solely by the author of this blog. Please email for re-use permission.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Seafaring Goddess



I started this encaustic about a year ago and let it lay around, unable to finish it. Mostly due to lack of directional inspiration.

Sometimes (sometimes? ok, maybe often for me) you just have to pick it up and give yourself permission to do whatever (use the 'Valley girl' accent here) to it without concern about the outcome. And to do something that wasn't in the original gameplan.

Such is the case here. I thought it was just going to be an encaustic piece. The 'whatever' that I ended up doing to it was combining acrylic medium over the wax. That gave me more freedom to continue tweaking the image until I was satisfied and could call it 'done'.

Mixed media; image is 5" x 7", wax, paper, acrylic and transfer methods were used.